Trying to figure out what is right for yourself? Here are some suggestions.
Take assessments to narrow down your options
Make sure to create an account so you can save your results and talk about them with your parents, teachers or mentors. Remember this is just ONE way to find out about yourself. They may help you see the “style” of the job, but not necessarily what you’ll be good at.
- New Futures Career Navigator: Identify your strengths, abilities and likes to narrow down career clusters.
My Next Move: Use what you like and relate it to the world of work. It also helps to look at careers that are similar but require different amounts of education.
- Jung Personality Test: Read a statement and determine how you would respond.
Look at specific jobs
- Find one of the career clusters you want to explore more. Complete the “Career One Stop Career Question” Worksheet.
- Talk to and adult and ask questions about their career. Need help coming up with questions? Use these “Career Interview Questions”.
- Job-Shadowing is when you learn about a job by following a competent person who has the job.