• DC3C is a program of the DC Special Education Cooperative.

      Life after high school is more than a job. It’s important that you are involved in your community and make friends.  Some examples are getting involved with activities, joining organizations, going on dates, taking care of your health, participating in your government, and living on your own (or with your friends)

      DC Parks and Recreation

      DC Parks and Recreation offers lots of activities.

      DC Social Sports

      DC Social Sports offers leagues you can join that are social and use sports to meeting.

      I Know Where I'm Going ( But Will My Cash Keep Up? )

      Help you as an young adult prepare to live the life you want including taking vacations, going out to eat etc.

      Part 1Part 2

      Best Buddies

      Best Buddies is an international program whose goal is to create opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).

      The IDD community that Best Buddies serves includes, but is not limited to, people with Down syndrome, autism, Fragile X, Williams syndrome, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury and other undiagnosed disabilities.

      Best Buddies Citizens supports the development of friendships between adults with and without IDD in corporate and civic communities. Many people with IDD have limited opportunities for social interactions after they leave the school environment. This program helps people with IDD become part of mainstream society and creates an inclusive and diverse community for all.  Reach out to HaleyMinter@bestbuddies.org for more information!